Internet Gateway screwed me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameDevil

Solid State Member
Well my router had always been working...ALWAYS!

after i touched the lil internet connection thing in the Internet Gateway group, it screwed up!. My router is basically not working, i can only connect through the modem!. I wanna use the router again so my other family members can use the net too.

what i did was, i saw it there and i either disabled it or enabled it..after that everything went boom!..now it WONT DISABLE!!! i cant get it to disable. I think thats whats killin my router..

I have a D-Link router!

Untitled-1.jpg

error.jpg

it didnt really help, cause i have a D-Link router..and both my comps cant go online when on the router..my other comp cant even go online when i connect directly to the modem, but the 2nd one can if i connect it to the modem. Is my router the prob? is it locked up? How would i solve this?

i also contacted Verizon for some help(they are my dsl providers)...the dude said my MAC address for my router was wrong..and i needed to either clone or release.

its probably that i dont know how to do these too well..I went to

Run>cmd>ipconfig /release

and that didnt help.

I then tried the cloning, he gave me the mac address, i went to my router's control panel, and tried to clone it but that didnt work..maybe its because i didnt know how to do it...

HELP ME PLZ!!!

The router is not getting an IP from the modem?If you wish to set your router to defaults there should be a reset button on it somewere (small) hold it down for 30 seconds this will reset the router back to factory defeults.Then go into the router OS and see if it is getting a IP from your modem.On that status page of the router if there is now IP from the modem then there should be a DHCP Release and renew button if that fails then power down the modem for about a min and plug it back in.If you need to do a MAC clone you right down the MAC of the computer that connects to the modem and gets to the Internet fine.Then you go to the page for to clone the MAC and enter it and then apply,then go back to the status page and see if the router is getting an IP.Does your DSL need a username and password to use?

nop doesnt require pass or username

well ill try the clone again, but ill need the mac address again^^

it works now, but only when i connect through the router, wont work when i just use modem..?

also right now sometimes just connection just slows down and dies..?? help?

my connection is fine, just that i CAN only connect through the router..not directly with only my modem

by sayin t slows dont it dies, i need it just disconnects me..

Check the DHCP lease time set on your router or you can check in ipconfig /all and see your lease time there.

k now when i connect 2 computers to my router, my connection is SUPER SLOW!. and the connection for the other comp is also super slow. Help? why is my interent slow when i connect more than 1 comp?

What are you doinf with the computers?If you are online gaming then that will such up some bandwidth and the other computer is going to be slow on the Internet.Try a DSL bandwidth test and let me know the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom