Internet Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigskipper

Solid State Member
I need someone's help. I am a new technical support technician at a small software company. Our internet is down and I'm not quite sure what to do. Our isp is not open yet this morning but one of my co-workers suggested that the central location where the whole world wide web is running is down. He said he thinks it is in a big warehouse somewhere with a lot of hard drives and routers. I was thinking that maybe I could call them to see if they were down in some areas.

Does anyone have that phone # or the name of the company that runs the whole internet?

Sorry if I sound stupid. I just need to get the world wide web back up.

Thanks.

Hmm....your internet is down, but you can connect to T/F and post. I don't think the whole web is down or this wouldn't be working. Unless we are in the matrix or something. But seriously, you should have an after hours contact number for your ISP. Or since you have web access somewhere, hit their website for an 800 number or something.

Your best option is to contact your ISP. I am VERY surprised that your ISP wouldn't have a 24x7 helpdesk for business internet services.... Many ISP's have 24x7 desks for even residential internet services.

The 'internet' isn't just a collection of hard drives and servers in a warehouse in one centralized location, there are countless locations around the globe where these things are located. Any company can get some server's, and diskspace can get an internet connection, and an IP address, and that equipment essentially becomes part of the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom