Internet Does Not Work What-so-ever....

Status
Not open for further replies.
make sure in Internet Options under connections you have always dial my default connection.....if all else fails...re add the connection from start.....if that fails again..i advise you call up AOL

-edit-

i dont think ipconfig works with dial up....it was designed to show a network address....and your not on a network (adsl or cable)

Even with dialup you have to have an IP address though.... I can't say that I have ever tried IPCONFIG with dial up though...

i would suggest uninstalling IE forever. Goto add/remove programs and add remove windows components. uncheck IE and forget it existed. Download Mozilla Firefox and life is good, as far as having a reliable browser anyway. The problem you are having with internet spells A-O-L. uninstall anything that has to do with AOL and set up your internet manually through internet options. Using software that ISP's provides is asking for trouble, i always setup manually for people that are having dial up internet problems. Question???? how much do you pay for Aol dial up? because you can get DSL these days for $20 a month!!! To set up manually you will need to know the access number to dial when you log in. Hope this help Good luck

Techtim

Ethereal_Dragon said:
Even with dialup you have to have an IP address though.... I can't say that I have ever tried IPCONFIG with dial up though...

yes he will have an I.P. address....everyone with internet does...but ipconfig shows your LAN I.P. address....so there for he is not on a network so it may not work as if he had ADSL or Cable ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom