Internet disconnects/disables while playing Counter Strike Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingAustin

Daemon Poster
I'm at home for winter break and we only have wireless internet, so I originally figured this was why I was getting disconnected from the net while playing CSS because I bought a cheap usb network adapter. It always disconnects within a minute of connecting to a server, and then when I get back to windows, the internet stays down and won't reconnect until I restart, and the network connection will stop responding when I try to disable/enable the adapter.

I tried playing again today and the same thing happens. So by now I'm getting ****ed because I'm bored and have nothing to do. I went in to the device manager and noticed that my ethernet controller was disabled after I got disconnected. Turns out that the ethernet controller and my usb network adapter bot had the "turn off to save power" feature. I figured that was the problem and I tried playing again. Same thing still happens.

I then checked my event viewer and got this message:
The system detected that network adapter \DEVICE\TCPIP_{0149B5B3-9EB8-478B-B296-CD3BF1A50536} was disconnected from the network, and the adapter's network configuration has been released. If the network adapter was not disconnected, this may indicate that it has malfunctioned. Please contact your vendor for updated drivers.
which is error message 4202.

I searched online for any possible solutions, but didn't find anything helpful. I've ONLY noticed it do this with CSS, but I guess I haven't played any other online games since getting this computer.

I have a marvell yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (standard 965P-DS3 one) and an ENCORE usb network adapter

If anyone could help I would appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom