Internet Connection up/down - disconnects ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry K

Fully Optimized
Hello,

What causes a T1 line internet connection to just stop working... disconnect?

Here is the details:

a provider is using the input access to his computer/router/hub... which ever it is.....

then about 3-4 client PC feed off of the router.
say, all PC are fine... the connection always stays up and running.

For some reason, the other PC just looses the connection about 3-4 times a day.... no reason, just breaks the connection and you have to reboot the computer to get it working again.

any ideas why the connections just stops?
Is it the main connection (router) OR is the client PC.

FOR the life of me... I can't figure out what is causing the internet connection to stop...

thanks for your help

Larry,

If all of the computers using that T1 experience connectivity issues and disconnect, it is likely related to a router configuration -or- a T1 issue.

If one or two computers disconnect from the internet while the rest are online, it is highly unlikely that it is a T1 issue, if that was the case then all boxes would be down. How often does this happen? Is there a noticable pattern?

I believe its only one the connection on the 1 client.
the pattern.... uhm... happens about 3-4 a day

other than that its random?

make I'll ask the question this way....
What causes a PC to loose the Internet connection if the ISP is not the issue?

thanks

Have you tried replacing the data cable to the machine?

My father-in-law has had computers suddenly drop their internet connection because of problems with the data cable. I don't believe that it was 3-4 times a day, but I remember him complaining about it.

Maybe try running spyware software. May as well try a virus check while your at it. (Make sure a/v is up to date as well).

Try Disable startup items.
Try changing IP details on this PC.

See if those ideas are any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom