Internet connection trouble - Disconnects every 5min, but only somethings disconnect as a result, HELP

bengjo

Baseband Member
Alright I guess some basic information is required.

I have fiber. Speed is around 35mbits down and 20mbits up.

The fiber cable (from outside) is connected to the box from the internet provider.

The internet cable (from the box) is connected to a switch in my room. From that switch, I have one cable running straight into my computer, one running into my brother's computer and one running into my other brother's computer.

Here's the problem: every 5 minutes or so, we all disconnect, but only from some things. For example, the game World of Warcraft. Another example is League of Legends. It does not, however, disconnect me from streams or skype.

If I take out the two cables running into my brothers' computers, the disconnecting stops.

That's basically all I know. Like you can easily tell, I really bad with this stuff. I don't know if I should use some kind of program to track my connection and see how stable it is? If so, how can I do that? Do you need any more information to better understand the situation?

Please help me :(

Back
Top Bottom