Internet Connection Sharing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

willsko87

Daemon Poster
Im trying to share dial-up internet between my desktop and laptop. The desktop is running Windows XP Pro and the laptop is running Windows XP Home. They both have almost identical 10/100 Ethernet cards connected with an RJ-45 CAT5e Crossover Cable. I can share files and printers and stuff but when i set up the Internet Connection Sharing it doesnt seem to work. Ive tried heaps of website but nothing seems to work. I think its is something to do with the software. HELP? :confused:

Make sure both machines are running on SP1, make sure you you run the networking wizard on your host PC (The PC that will be sharing your internet connection) then run it on your other PC. This will start the necessary software/network connections for the ICS.

AFTER you do this, start the networking wizard again and do it on both computers.

Also, make sure your firewall settings are configured so that each computer (IP Address) is in each others trusted zone.

Just follow the Network Setup Wizard built into Windows. It's the easiest way.

Oh, make sure your main computer is connected to the internet when trying to share it accross computers...

If its not connected.. not much to share then... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom