Internet connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fed15

Beta member
Hey. I don't know too much about computers so sorry for any lack of info here.

For the past week or so, I've had an intermittent internet connection. The ready light on my modem would start blinking and I'd be disconnected from the internet. I presumed it was a problem with my modem as it was pretty old so I phoned Virgin Media and they sent a new one out. I still got the problems, so I then presumed it was my router, I bought a new one and the problems still persisted.

I have two computers in the house, my computer used a wired connection and the other was wireless. So I swapped them around, I put the modem and router through the other computer and I used the wireless and I'm able to connect to the internet perfectly without any interruptions and the other computer isn't getting disconnected whatsoever.

As I have a totally new modem and router, the problem is surely not with either of them. Is this likely to be a network card problem or is there anything else I should be aware of?

My drivers are all up to date. I've tried everything but I can't connect to the internet with a wired connection on this computer without interruptions.

Any help would be totally appreciated as like I say, I don't really have a clue about this side of computers.

It sounds like the card to me.

EDIT : Checked your ethernet cabling ? I forgot to mention that. Maybe try another one to see ? That might help.

If the ready light on your modem is blinking it has nothing to do with your Router, wireless or not, if you think its not the modem it could be your phone cable if its DSL, but this is definitely an issue with your Internet Service Provider, when the ready light is blinking your modem is searching for a signal.

I used to have a problem like this on my Surfboard Motorola crap modem. I thought it was some of my hardware taking down my net and troubleshot for WEEKS.

Finally figured out it was the cable company. They are still **** though I switched ISP's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom