Internet Connection Issues after Video Card Change.

Yeah, this is exactly what I told him. He (we) have finally come to the conclusion that its the NIC, which is aggravating since after my initial check I told him this but he refused to listen. The problem is he has an integrated NIC and will need a whole new motherboard, which I have been telling him to get a new one for about 2 years. Thanks to everyone that tried to help resolve my problem. I really appreciate the tips and support.

Like I said, you can pick up a PCI NIC for around $20 if he doesn't want to upgrade his system.

No, he is going to save and get a whole new system since his has been obsolete for years. I just wanted him to custom build one that he wants but he is convinced pre-built is the way to go.

My dad used to be the same way, And was constantly on calls to customer support for hours, Then one Christmas I had a little extra to spare and built him one with my brother and sister chipping in, Much faster than his prebuilt and whenever he has a issue I can usually have it fixed pretty fast and no hours on the phone lol and every so often if he wants something upgraded I can have it done in a few minutes. I'm afraid to show him how fast mine can do things, he will want his to do it that fast too lol. But if he's doing a budget build he may be ok with a pre built but if he wants some of the newer games he's going to have troubles getting them to run well unless he has a higher end system.

Back
Top Bottom