Internet Connection Fluctuating "The Possesed Computer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go into device manager, double click on your NIC card and go to power management. Make sure nothing there is selected. Now go to the advanced tab. Tell me what property are there and what are it's value.

i dont see a power management there when i click on the nic. now on advance i see 'early transfer' and 'link speed/duplex mode' on the value it says enable. and when i highlight link speed/duplex mode its value says auto mode.

I'm still not getting any dice. Like after I hit disabled and hit okay, it worked for a little bit. But It's not showing any consistency. It says the network is there I can ping site on cmd, but I can't get on the web. If the DHCP is able to assign the mac address for the computer how come it just can't recieve any incoming packets. Other than an ip address?

What do you mean DHCP assigning MAC address, DHCP assigned IP information (IP,Subnetmask,DefaultGateway,DNS,WINS). MAC address are permanent address that reside on your NIC.

Are you telling me your IP address looks similar to a MAC address? Only if you use IPv6.

What are you telling me here anyway?

Lets try another thing, put "early transfer" to enable. Now put link speed/duplex mode to 100BaseTx Full Duplex.

im sorry I got my wording wrong. I was thinking how can the computer recieve an ip adress and then the connection would just drop, yet the computer will recognize that its connected to a network.

Yeah I tried that option it still do the same thing

i think your os have something wrong,maybe.it can't do the network well.or is your protocol wrong?

well it started happening 2 weeks after I installed a fresh new WinXP OS on it. So nothing could be possibly wrong with the OS. Now what was thinking is that I need to flash the BIOS maybe, but I'm not sure if its the BIOS thats making the computer messin up. I know that Law was trying to help me on it, and we performed different troubleshoots and still I'm getting the same problem. So if you would have any other options you could suggest I'll try it out.

Well I was starting to think it might be your browser, but renewing your IP address seems to fix the problem. Try using a different browser, then try switching over to another port on your router.

Also you can try connecting directly to the modem, hopefully it will stop happening and you can assume it's the router. Else if it doesn't I'll see what I can think of next....

yeah I tried connecting it to the modem itself, using firefox, netscape, and I also replaced the router. Same thing.....T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom