Internet Connection Fluctuating "The Possesed Computer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

akefuyung

Solid State Member
Ok I'm new here myself and I need some help with a computer here. My computer is experiencing frequent dropped connection from the internet. Like when I go to google it give me that screen showing no server found of some stuff. Now here is the funny thing. I use AIM on the same PC and I can message back and fourth. I also have my network static so everytime I need to print something I have to print it through a networked printer. Everytime when I need to print I have to restart the computer delete the printer and reinstall the printer which is becoming annoying. Oh and after I restart the computer I can connect to the internet fine, but after a few minutes it drops. Now I look at my network status there is a lot of packet sending out, but not much packets are recieving. So I come to a conclusion that the NIC is defective or something. Now it was working before this whole fiasco happened. And there was no changes ever happen to the computer. Between now and then. So I need a 2nd opinion here. Thanks in advance.

Have you run a Virus Scan, and or Spyware scan? this may have caused some problems! maybe reboot your router?

okay i ran a virus scan. nortons. same thing. now i replace the cable same thing. now what i do to help i kept on doing the command prompt ip config release and renew. because i disabled static and run dhcp. i seems to work for i little while. and now im thinking a new nic. because i think that the nic might stop working.

You mentioned the statistics not showing many recieved packets, if you try to "repair" the connection does it give you teh "renewing your ip" error?

I run a SP2 firewall and its disabled. If I hit the repair it renews the ip okay. and then I got a new NIC and it does the same thing. but now it works okay. but I bet you anything the next time I restart the computer it'll work and then it'll stop for a while. Heres the funny thing. once the computer is started I run AIM automatically. and it stays connected for the time the computer will be on. Yet even though I'm using AIM my browser doesn't work. I dont need to reboot my router because all the other computers running on it works fine. I'm running out of options. :mad:

okay so did the registry thing. and still on dice. it worked for two hours. then it dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom