Internet Connection Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjq587

Beta member
for a long time my internet has been acting very strange it randomly disconnects me from the internet there are two computers connected by wire to a netgear router and one computer that is wireless all the computers have this problem but if never happens at the same time on the computers i dont know what the problem is thanks in advance

How do you connect to the Internet? It is possible your ISP assign only one public IP and you don't have router or ICS?
This page may help you to find your IP.

ipconfig
Or you can use ipconfig /all command to find the TCP/IP settings. ... 3) If you
get "DHCP server unreachable" while using ipconfig /renew, you may want to ...
http://www.howtonetworking.com/Networking/ipconfig.htm

WOW WTF STRANGE!!!

this also happens for me, ive had to live with it 1 year.

strange, first time i came into this section, was gonna post up, saw this topic and WOWOWOW.

btw, i also use a netgear router, they suck or what?

Im going for a new router soon..

It just disconnects whenever it feels like it, when playing games, downloading files and stuff, really ******* me off..

To turn, i gotta turn off ALL power, including pc, and back on we go, sometimes it dont even work, i could be trying for up to 1 hour to get it to work again

im putting this down to negear router sucking ass hole.

Btw, what router do you have?

Would be funny if we have the same,

- i have the RP114.

mr814v2 for xiahou

anyway i connect to the internet by cable i have a really old 3com im not sure exactly what you mean about the ISP assign only one public IP would they be listed in the network connection details? im not really sure what to do on that ipconfig page thanks

I was getting the same problem with my netgear router.... Try going to your default access page (located on the bottom of your router ...should be at http://192.168.0.1/ and user and pass should be admin and password) and find Wireless Settings... If you simply disable encyrption (under encryption strength) and apply, the problem should stop. The only question is if this is completely secure... I'm not much of a networking guy so would anyone know if this is safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom