internet connection being annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.

weewun

In Runtime
I connect to the internet with a Belkin wirless rounter (model F5D7632-4) and have aol as my ISP. the router is wired to my dad's computer, and i connect to it with a lynksys dongle.

for some reason, at times, the router just does not connect to the internet. For example, I booted up my PC today, and my dongle was connecting to the router, but not to the internet. I booted up the PC the router is wired to, checked in the router settings and it said there was no connection to the internet. I re-booted the router twice and the same message was appearing. But when I re-booted the router AND the PC it is wired to at he same time, the internet started working again... is this just a coincidence and the router just needs to be reset multiple times or is there a way I can fix it?

if by wireless security you mean encrypted sygnal, no, because alot of my friends have laptops and connect to my internet when they are round, so i havent bothered. not sure what the other things are, so im presuming they will be at there default...?

your router will have settings you can access and change by entering a number into the web browser , the number normally looks like this:

192.168.*.* the last 2 numbers are normally 1 or 0 depends on the router, check your manual it should tell you the number.

When you enter that in the browser address you can then change some settings Id enable upnp for now.

Also how many computers at a time connect to it? in the settings make sure DHCP is on, also might want to change the channel its normally from 1 to 11 i think cant remember try 6.

Are you using windows to automatically connect and setup the wireless adaptor you have? or are you using the software that came with it?

cheers for just now, have to go to work, will check when im back... i use the lynksys software on my computer to connecct to the internet, and there can be as many as 3 wireless connections to the router in a normal day. will ha ve a look at the router after work and enable upnp and put dhcp on if they arent already. cheers

Try updating the firmware. Linksys has had many updates to their firmware that addresses such issues. I've had this before and then I updated the firmware and the connection has stayed rock solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom