internet connect by vista..

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharen

Baseband Member
hey guys need some help...

we're trying to connect 2 laptops with the different O.S. one is XP and the other one is Vista... the Xp is the server and we cannot connect the laptop with vista o.s... The default setting of the laptop with Vista is WAN.. we can't connect it as LAN... even we disable the WAN and enable as LAN...:confused:

Kharen, can you please elaborate on this issue? When you saw WAN, I am going to assume that you really mean W-LAN (Wireless LAN)... WAN is Wide area network, typically implemented to connect 2 remote sites to one another....

When you connect them directly together, did you use a crossover adaptor or crossover cable? A Straight-through cable will not work direct from PC to PC.

Are they both on the same workgroup? If you can't "see" eachother on the network, but you both have connectivity, try manually punching in the computer names.

For example, my desktops name is x2-5000, and it runs XP. My laptops name is dv6000z, and it runs Vista. I have them both set to the workgroup name home, and they both have shared folders, but I can't "see" my desktop from my laptop when viewing the network.

To fix this, I would just open any folder in Vista (Network for instance), and in the address bar, I would type \\x2-5000\ and press enter. It then displays a list of shared folders and printers.

hey guys need some help...

we're trying to connect 2 laptops with the different O.S. one is XP and the other one is Vista... the Xp is the server and we cannot connect the laptop with vista o.s... The default setting of the laptop with Vista is WAN.. we can't connect it as LAN... even we disable the WAN and enable as LAN...:confused:

sorry... yes! it's a W-LAN.. I used a router co'z actually it a laptop i connect from each other since the first 2 that I've mention is the available i try to connect it.. and i had experience when the vista have already a connection the server disconnect the connection..

Kubel.... ok.. i try your suggestion..

thanks guys!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom