Internet Beowulf Cluster

xerolen

In Runtime
I had the Idea of setting up a Beowulf Cluster but I wanted to know if it was possible to set one up with the nodes scattered over the Net? Does Anyone Know if this is possible?

I don't have any experience with beowulf clusters, but by reading some documentation it MAY be possible. All though it appears, obviously, you have to set the IP of the other computers, so it may be possible to run it across the internet, but it would probably be slow but it may be worth looking into.

I don't have any experience with beowulf clusters, but by reading some documentation it MAY be possible. All though it appears, obviously, you have to set the IP of the other computers, so it may be possible to run it across the internet, but it would probably be slow but it may be worth looking into.

It would seem its possible, but I think the internet connection would have to be very very fast to make it worth it. If you had a fast enough connection then it would probably work. I have set it up on a local network only. It's worth a try though.

Back
Top Bottom