Internet ADSL Speed help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bautroi

Beta member
I am using the ADSL connect (the Qwest Company, speed is about 1mb/sec) can some one help me to speed up the connection ? thank

Are you getting the speeds you subscribe to?

If so, then there are internet accelerators, that don't really do a whole lot.

If not, perhaps you should call your ISP.

I'm not really sure if that is what you wanted to know:confused: :)

so how do you know its 1 mbps? you trying to download something and its not going that fast?

yeah, i download something. The speed is so slow, can you help me to speed up ? I heard the connect can get to 300mb or higher than

No, there is no way it will go up to 300mbps.... You would have an optical carrier, and be paying tens of thousands per month......

In order to look at your issue farther, you need to provide us with more details... Please try to answer the following questions...

1. EXACTLY what package from Qwest did you order? What is the up & down stream SUPPOSED to be?
2. EXACLTY HOW did you determine that this is running slow? High ping times? Downloading a file, running a speed test?
2a. If you determined that the connection is slow by downloading a file, WHERE are you downloading the file from, and HOW? FTP site, P2P, saving from browser?
2b. If you detered that the connection is slow by running a speed test, what site did you use?

Ha..ADSL offer for home user will not exceed 1MBps download speed. What the company is advertising is the network throughput and it is in term of 1megabits per second / divided by 8 would actually be your download speed. This is actually typical connection speed for a DSL connection. I'm just using the "divided by 8” as an example to easily get your download speed.

I am assuming you download between 100 and 125 KBps at best? In order to get 1MBps download speed your connection speed would actually have to be as high as 8 to 9Mbps advertised by your ISP. You wonÂ’t see much DSL company offering this but DSL can actually achieve this speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom