Internet access at work place...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helecas

Solid State Member
Hi,

at my work place i have a login/pass but without internet access permission, however i know one (not mine) login/pass with permission.
What i want is access the internet through my login without logging off.
In the Internet Options\Secutiry\Internet\Custom level, I have already change to "Prompt for user name and password" in User Authentication option but doesn't prompt me to insert user/pass and domain.
I have also change the same option at Local Intranet and try to access to a intranet page. In this case the login box appear, I inserted a user/pass (try mine and other) and did work (but for Intranet).

What I have to do to access the same way but to the Internet?
The proxy permit that?

Thanks in advance. ;)

Have you asked your IT department (or however maintains your network) to give you permission to do this?

2nd round!

Fdx kuéxtupidu todos os dias! =pl

I was expecting a technical answer...
It´s not suppose I have access to internet, so...

I'll wait for a usefull soluction.

Anyone can help?

You're going to hate me, but I could never, in my right mind, instruct you on how to bypass your IT Department's (and Company's) security policies. This is the sort of thing that can get you fired if you're caught doing it.

You don't want to hear it, but there is most likely a reason why they don't want you accessing the internet. It is, afterall, their resources you are using. Computer, network, bandwidth, etc. And they have every right to tell you what you can and cannot do on those resources.

Seriously, talk to your IT Department.

Re: 2nd round!

Helecas said:
I'll wait for a usefull soluction.

The advice I gave you is probably more useful than telling you how to go around your company's rules.

Cheers

Helecas, your question has been answered. As a recap, follow up with your IT department. If you are NOT supposed to have internet access, then that is as far as it goes hear.

Locking thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom