internet access at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercy

Solid State Member
I have a laptop with a wireless card and I would like to access the net at work with my laptop, they have a secure network and will not allow access. Is there a way I can locate a public signal ?

only if their is one avalible..lol

if their is no public sigan in the area where you work then the obvious answer is no....

NOT MANY PEOPLE WILL HAVE A PUBLIC SIGNAL BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT PEOPLE LIKE YOU STEALING THEIR INTERNET

i thought that was pretty obvious. guess not

I thank you for your post and the comment you left , but I did not like the way you stay that. If you are not going to be kind when posting comments don't help. I realize that this is the purpose I was just asking just that understand.

If you happen to have a desktop computer at work with an open USB port, you can buy a usb wireless card, plug it into your desktop and set up an ad-hoc wireless network, then access that from your laptop.

Be careful though, if your IT dept finds you doing that they may not be too happy.

thank you for the word of advice. I was just wondering if it was a way it could be done. Thanks again

I work in IT & we don't allow our users to access public wireless as it is a security risk. I recommend you obey the rules your IT team puts in place as it will keep you & the company out of trouble.

Regards

I will I appreciate the help and the concern. I just needed to know for understanding purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom