Internet Access help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadrunner1659

Baseband Member
My new computer is coming this week (well the pieces are anyway)...

I have a few questions about the internet connection...

We have verizon fios internet and i cant determine whether i want to hook up the the router using a cable or using a wireless card...

I know that i will be doing some online gaming so in that respect the cable would be better but not sure if its practicle to do that being that my comp will be in my room on the second floor and the router in on the first floor a good 25 ft...this is where i think the wireless connection would work better...

help me please!

o and if i go with a wireless card...is one better from the next and if so why? what wireless card would you recommend for me if we have the verizon fios?

thanks!

Wired is always better than wireless, because theres no interference from the air or through a floor. But since it's not practical in your case, wireless would be the way to go.

...lol...I have a computer in the living room, and the router is in my bedroom, and I have a 25ft wire, running up the ceiling. I would of gone wireless, but I had this giant roll of ethernet cable.

I'm not sure what wireless card to go for, as networking is not really my thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom