Internet access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stumpy and I worked on this till about 2 AM this morning... nothing happened.... I am thinking that I was just tired, and perhaps missed something....

From the 'broken' PC, Stumpy was getting 192.168.2.11 via DHCP when using the ethernet port on his motherboard.... From this PC, we were able to ping all of the other hosts, but this PC couldn't ping it's own IP address... When doing this, it would send the request out the Eth port, towards the router, and the router will bounce it back... so I figured the problem was some type of firewall or something blocking the pings, and perhaps port 80... Had same issues after firewall was disabled.... was able to successfully ping 127.0.0.1, proving layers 3-7....

When using the other NIC, he was getting an address in the 192.168.0.x range...

Tried re-installing drivers, rebooting, and nothing seemed to work...

Ya i dont knwo what happend now i dont even have an ip address its an autoconfigurtion or somthing and its different it wont let me renew the ipaddress. I have no idea whats going on should i reinstall windows?

Since we have tried many other things, it wouldn't be a bad idea if you don't have any important data on the PC, you could also try to format the drive... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom