Internet on 2 computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demilich1988

Beta member
I know that someone has asked this question before but because of how much work I need to do for school right now I can't search the forums for the answer. So here is my question. Right now at my house we have one computer with XP that gets it's high-speed internet from AT&T. We are thinking of getting another computer for the house so if possible i would like to get a list of the option we have so as to get high-speed internet on both.

Well I already have one on the computer we already own. But the problem is the distance between the two computer will be pretty far.

can you run cat5 cable to the new computer location? Is it less than 100 meters?

You could get a wireless router and install a wireless card on the new computer but distance and interference could pose a problem here as well.

Just to be overly picky, please run either Cat 5e or Cat 6 cable when you do this. Cat 5 cable is obsolete. And, by the way, you will be much better off running cable than using wireless if speed is an issue for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom