Intermittent Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroud

In Runtime
Hopefully someone can help with this situation.

I have and HVAC and a LAN Printer that sit outside my firewall (Cisco PIX 525). Both of these devices stopped communicating as of last Friday. Here is the layout as best as I can state it:

The HVAC and Printer are hooked into (via CAT5) an AlliedTelesyn switch, which in turn is hooked into (via fiber) an AlliedTelesyn fiber converter, which then is hooked into (via CAT5) a Cisco Catalyst switch.

Everything else that is plugged into the Catalyst works fine and I have replaced all equipment except wiring from the fiber converter to the HVAC unit. I have tested the CAT5 and it seems fine but I have no tools for testing the Fiber, however every now and then I can squeeze a print job through to the printer.

The only thing I can think of at this point is some sort of interfernce I am getting on either the CAT5 or the Fiber. Anyone else have any suggestions?

No IP conflict. We resolved it, Turns out all the AlliedTelesyn Equipment was farking us. We replaced every AlliedTelesyn converter and switch we had with a Cisco device and the HVAC and Printer both came back online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom