Intergrated Ethernet Network adaptor wont' install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderson

Solid State Member
Hello, I'm in desperate need of some help if anyone can help

I've just formated my computer because of a virus and reinstalled Windows, I'm now faced with a problem i cannot network my computers up anymore because for some reason Windows cannot "locate the required software" for my Ethernet port, Its attached to my motherboard and i have no idea what the name/make of it is which really doesn't help matters.

It COULD be some kind of Realtek or VIA Phrine (Sorry if its spelt wrong) though i'm not 100% sure :(

Please help me if you can! thanks

Right Click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager > Network Adapters... That should Give u make-model so you can download the Software to make it work off the Internet- If its not there I really have no idea whats wrong

Yep (Btw thanks for all these fast replies)

And yep its enabled but still not showing make/model number

Theres also listing a "SM Bus Controller" with yellow question mark i don't think this is anything to do with the ethernet adaptor though

No Problem...
Did you build this computer?

Do you have the Recover/Mobo Discs?

Put the Windows disc in, Go into Recovery console, and follow the steps.. Sorry I can't be more specific but I never have had to use windows recovery console

Well i'll tell ya what happened bassically i was on the net the other day doing what i do, and then i get like 100's of popups Internet Explorer etc, i then tried shutting down and rebooting my comp, I rebooted to find alot of my things had been removed/deleted I then noticed my mouse was moving by it self and things like this i knew somthing was REALLY bad like some hacker got in to my comp or somthing anyways so i shut the comp off and got a router and things for added protection i then formatted and attempted to reinstall windows with the disks i was provided from PC world, i then came into all kinds of errors and was unable to use the CD's (even tho i've used these CD's fine before) i luckly had Windows XP Pro on another CD thats for my bros comp, I installed Win XP PRO on here, and everything was find a few things were like doing this yellow question mark thing, but i right clicked and clicked update driver it then installed and was fine, (example the sounds/audio) but when i tried for my network card/adaptor i have this error it can't complete because it cannot locate software/drivers :( :( :(

Btw i'm pretty sure its some kind of Reaktek, I've tried downloading drivers an such things from reaktek but it still doesn't seem to be working , and i have no idea how to properly install these drivers, as its just a bunch of files :\

Your best bet right now is to get your Brothers XP Pro cd and either reformat and do a fresh install or use Recovery console because you dont have anything on your computer yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom