Interent trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashflood

Solid State Member
Ok, so i have an acer aspire desktop, just got internet the other day and my friends laptop, and my xbox can hook up to wireless and wired but my computer can not do wither of these. When i have my wired cord in it can connect to the network but has no internet access, and my wireless dlink usb just cannot connect to the network. My computer has been connected to two other internet connections before so i know it should work. I tried to download a new modem driver but it says i have the best i can get. I need help, i have been searching for answers and cant find anything that works, im not the greatest with computers so i may need a step to step instructions.

Go to start menu select accessory's then RUN

Type this- "ping www.yahoo.com" without quotes

Tell me what the results are, if it ping's then your IE is set to offline mode most likely.

In the Run box, instead of typing in the ping command, type in: cmd
And hit enter.

Then do the Ping command that Thomas suggested.

In the Run box, instead of typing in the ping command, type in: cmd
And hit enter.

Then do the Ping command that Thomas suggested.

I left out a step:( I'm just outa sorts today ugh... Ok did you try this on the wired connection? You have a wireless dongle you can use? does it say your connected when using the wireless?

I left out a step:( I'm just outa sorts today ugh... Ok did you try this on the wired connection? You have a wireless dongle you can use? does it say your connected when using the wireless?
I tried on my wired connection(which is connected to the network but has no internet access) my wireless is a d-link wireless N150 usb adapter(not sure what you mean by dongle) and i cannot connect when using wireless(i type in my password to connect and says its unable to, but my friends pc laptop is connected to it right not)

What are you getting for a local IP address, anything?
where do i find my ip?

Open command prompt again and type: ipconfig /all

Find your Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection, and post the IP and Gateway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom