Intel PROSet help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sick_unit

Baseband Member
ive got an Intel PRO/Wireless 2200bg card in my laptop but i cant get it talking with my pc. ive got a Linksys WRT54G router connected to my PC. Ive tried using the Windows Network Connection to scan if there are any wireless connection in range but i cant find anything. then i installed the Intel PROSet and tried configuring a connection through that but some of the buttons are greyed out like the radio (which is switched off) and scan buttons.

The icon in the the taskbar has got a cross around it and when i go to it, it says Radio: OFF. i think this is the problem but as said above the switch radio to on button is greyed out.

can some please help me out.

thanks

When radio is off, it means your wireless card is either not enabled or not working right. Right click on my computer, and go to properties (Or you can press Windows Key + Pause/Break. Just a little interesting bit o' trivia) And go to the device manager. Find your network card, and see if there are any errors on it.

There are no errors what so ever it says "the device is working properly." The switch on the side of the laptop is enabled as well. I believe the card might be faulty, and i will be taking to the computer store for them to check it out.

If anyone has any other ideas that might solve my problem please fell free to post.

Thank you

How close to the access point are you? Try moving a little bit away from it, like into another room.

I sorta had the same problem with a dell 9300. Same hardware anyway. Let windows handle it with zero config turned on in services and remove the intel proset completely. It worked for me anyway.

Yeah, in my experience with wireless, since it is a black art, the best way to get it to work is to have it on an XP machine and let Windows handle the card. I had a problem with the wireless on my dad's machine, he had 2000 and a dlink card, with the sucky dlink utility. I threw XP on there and let it take control of the card, and havent had a problem since. Well, I have, but you dig what I'm saying.

I went thru all that stuff sick is going thru now. I finally got a hold of dell support and that's what the tech dude had me do was remove it completely and the wireless link fired right up and no problems with it since. Let Windows handle it sick. Let us know.

still no luck.

firstly i removed Intel PROSet and let windows do all the work. i tried going into another room but still i cant connect. the wireless connection in the taskbar has a red cross over it and when i open up the i open up the properties then wireless netowork it has a cross around the netowrk im trying to connect it to.

i will hopefully go to the computer store where i got it from and let them check it and and see if they can connect it to a wireless network. if not then its a faulty card. im sure it is a faulty card because ive tried every single solution without luck.

That would probably be the easiest thing to do as far as replacing the wireless card. does it show the status as disabled in your networks and does the router look good as far as its status leds? Just reaching here but yeah try replacing the intel card, I've read their not the most reliable card out there. Here's a site that's dedicated to Linksys products. Check it out for future reference.

http://www.linksysinfo.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4308

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom