Increasing upload speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_1414

Solid State Member
Is there any good ways of increasing upload speed, right now i am running .05 Mbps upload(satelite), or decreasing latency in a game. Thanks!

There is no way to increase your upload speed unless you get a better package from your ISP.

You cant like open/close certain ports or do something with the router or anything?

Unless you aren't getting the download speeds you are paying for - no.

Use speakeasy.net/speedtest to see what your download speed it. If you aren't getting around what you are paying for then something else may be going on.

You will only get what your ISP Package is. Nothing more, nothing less. Port forwarding can help but it will not increase your speed. It only allows for a direct connection for those programs. So they communicate better, but it doesnt give you a speed boost with your ISP.

So if your connection that you pay for with your Satellite connection has a top speed of only 1Mbps upload, you are only going to get a max of 1Mbps upload. But at best you will get around what you posted. No connection speed is ever what they advertise. Cause that is when you are the closest to the hub for their servers. I am roughly 10 miles from my closest hub and i still dont get the advertised speed for uploading. I get a much faster download speed though.

with satellite you're not going to see a major improvement, but portforward.com will show you how to forward ports

You could, but as already stated several times it will not give you a drastic enough increase to be able to play the game perfectly online. You need a constant upload speed which you will not get. You need much more than 0.5Mbps to play games online flawlessly. You need at least a 1Mbps constant rate with it not dipping below that. You will not get that just by forwarding your ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom