I'm sitting scratching my head; so can I just ask a question.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Rite now I'm trying to share a File \ Folder threw a Wireless Linux OS Installation with my Windows Tower.

So everything's working fine as in the other systems are sharing the Files and Folders from the PC's but I've got but one system I have connected to the network being a Laptop Via. a WiFi Connection is not giving me access to the File BOINC in order to get the stats up on my Main Rig of the DC Project from that System using System Viewer.

I'm running Mate Desktop and GUI but have Mint 17.1 Release on it.

I'm thinking because its a Wi Fi connection their has to be something up with that as all the other systems are Ethernet and working fine.

The other systems are connected to the Switch but the Laptop I have is connected to the router!!

Can anyone help why its not showing up; on the Windows Installation the Files \ Folders.

EDIT: I've tried selecting my Router as in the Modem \ Router it is but their is nothing showing up as in the connected clients to that Modem Router under this program I'm using to select the file \ folder of the connected WiFi Laptop.

Last edited:
If I'm reading your post right...you're having issues on the WIndows side of things with not being able to see other systems, right? If so...

Make sure your sharing settings are configured to scan the network (Network and Sharing Center -> Advanced Sharing Settings). Also, make sure you're connected to the network as a "Private" network rather than a "Public" network. You can verify this by also looking at the Network and Sharing Center.

Back
Top Bottom