IM monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeAramil

Beta member
Ok, here is my problem. I have been living with my GF for some time now, but lately I've been starting to suspect that she might be cheating on me.

I�d rather avoid a large fight right now if possible. So what I�d like to do is find an Instant message monitoring program that I can install on my PC. Problem is we share finances so I can�t spend money on it. Is there a free alternative out that will do what I need? If so where can I find it?

I am also looking for software that I can use to turn my webcam motion activated security cam kind of thing. I�ve seen stuff that will do it, but costs like 100 or more.... more then I can afford. Again free would be best

Thank you for any help

That link makes me feel like I'm going round in circles...

I think what you are looking for is a keylogger. These record keystrokes on the computer along with a time and date. Most of the good ones have to be paid for.

You can get other IM clients, that either embed into AIM or go around AIM altogether.

DeadAim and Middle_Man are just two that I know of off of the top of my head that integrate into AIM. With those, you can log IM's, and they are both free.

You are one paranoid man. however, I do empathize. Suspecting your better half of cheating on you is not an easy feeling. Really makes you sick to your stomach. if you are really ballsy, make her suspect you of cheating on her, without actually doing it. If she is cheating on you, she wont call you out on cheating on her. But if she does, she's psycho and you dont want anything to do wth that situation.

FreeAramil said:

I am also looking for software that I can use to turn my webcam motion activated security cam kind of thing. I�ve seen stuff that will do it, but costs like 100 or more.... more then I can afford. Again free would be best

Thank you for any help

Your camera has to be physically capable of that. It's circuitry that does that, not software.

Re: Re: IM monitoring

Him said:
Your camera has to be physically capable of that. It's circuitry that does that, not software.

that isn't exactly true, I have used a demo of a program that does it, but i didn't want to spend $100 on software that i might only really use once.

http://www.gotchanow.com/ is a good example of one you have to pay for.

I just want to know if i can get something like that for free.

the i like the idea of a key logger but, how is that saved? am i going to have to read through a ton of web surfing and the such for that? and she mostly uses yahoo messanger when talking to the person in question so the AIM ad ons dont really help that much is there something similar for yahoo? I'd rather have just one program that would do both but will settle for 2 if i have to

Use a packet capture program like ethereal to monitor MSN and AIM convo's

You will have to learn how to use the filters, as you want just AIM or MSN, not everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom