I'm having problems with my ISP

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedub

In Runtime
First off, my ISP techs are idiots hehe. I use speednet for my ISP, my problem is we have two comps hooked through a router, the one works all the time, and the other will only work for an hour or so, and then I get the limited connection icon. I'm not sure what is going on exactly, but if I reset the modem, I can get my computer to work for a bit. I don't think its the router, because the other one works fine off of it. We have even switched ports on the router.

If anyone has any suggetions I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, this problem happened a while back, then I turned off my firewall, and it worked great for months, but now the problem is back again.

If you really do have a router, it's an inside LAN problem and 100% your fault and not your ISP's

Hmm, I'm not sure what could be going on. What would cause my comp to work for a few hours and quit? Plus my Dad's comp works all the time.

Maybe your network equipments must be going bad, what I mean is maybe it's something with the network card or the cable you're using. Spywares maybe? Have you done any checks...

try running straight from your modem to your bad system. see how long that lasts. maybe you should also try a different port on your router, such as the one that works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom