Im DO0o0o0o00oomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

German_Man

Beta member
Hey just go thtis new belkin router and usb network adapter, THe macintosh OSX plugs straight into the router via ehternet and works just fine, the wireless signall on hte other hand is very odd, my computer says it picks up the signal just fine but when i try to do anyhting that pertains to the internt it refuses to work. I spoke with hech support for about two hours and they said "ummm... ummm... update your firmware, ok? bye" So obvisuly they don't know whats wrong, perhaps you do.

Just out of curiousity...Over your wireless connection, can you view/ping your routers IP?

If you can't, reset the routers wireless settings to default and restart the access point. Do the same for your wireless adapter.

Can you view/ping it now?

If you can view/ping the routers IP - can you ping outside the network? e.g. bbc.co.uk

Is it only web-related protocols that it doesn't work? Or have you tried using a CPU intensive app and checked the connection at the same time?

Are you using just OSX? Or do you have access to another system to test it on?

Cheers,

Ally

Make sure you have set the SSID and that the WEP encryption key matches the one on the router EXACTLY for your usb adapter.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom