IE works, Firefox doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Indeed.
EDIT: Nevrmind, it works now. Sorry this post is still here, it wouldnt let me delete it for some reason.

------------Original Post--------------
When I start firefox it says that http://www.google.com cannot be found, but when I start Internet Explorer it works fine. When I go to a different website some of them load, but its really slow and acording to an extention I have it says its at a transfer rate of 0.29 Kbps. (Firefox was working awesome yesterday.) Anyone ever had this problem?

I used firefox for about two weeks and in that time ran into numerous webpages that didn't load correctly in firefox. After that i switched back to IE because like you said, IE works firefox doesn't. I'm no microsoft fan but many of the sites you coudn't even tell you were missing parts of until i loaded the same page in IE. I need a browser that is going to function properly all of the time. IE simply works.

The reason that they worked with IE was because IE is very lax about web standards so even a monkey can write a website that displays correctly in IE. If people move away from IE then web-designers will have to write websites properly and it will benefit everyone. I make sure i check my websites on as many different set-ups as possible so i know they work.

You wouldnt accept it if a car manufacturer made a car that only worked on certain roads, email the website and tell them their webmaster has done a shoddy job - if it was my comapnies website i'd make sure he fiexed it. His brief was to make a website not make a website that only works with IE.

I know this is something that opera users feel very strongly about. After all they have a very nice browser with some of the fastest page rendering speeds and they still have to have a copy of IE/Netscape sitting there for pages that dont work with opera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom