I want to buy a domain--has questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
I want to buy just a domain name, and i would use it to host my site on it, using my own server. Problem is, that i have a dynamic ip. I am using no-ip right now, and using the duc to redirect my ip to the sub domain. I know that no-ip charges to redirect real domains. Is there a way to get a free redirecting program. Also, were would be good place to buy a domain?

Also, i would like to have my own email server, using my domain as the name, like i would have www.toastgfx.com for example, and have admin@toastgfx.com as email. How could i do that?

Thanks

I had ths dilemna as well, and I was quite proud after many hours I finally made it work.

Here's what you do.

1) Buy your domain name.

2) Go to http://www.zoneedit.com
Here, you can have a free Name server, up to 5 free.

3) Go back to your Domain name host, and give them the Name server info for zoneedit.

* Now you will have a domain name and a free naming server to go with it. When your IP address changes, just go back into zoneedit and change the directing info.

Or, you can have your Zoneedit point to your No-Ip addy, but I don't think thats a neccessary step, as you still always have to update No-Ip.

Basically, ZOneedit is a site that allows say, anytime someone types www.y0urwebsite.com it will redirect to your web server at home at your IP.

I did this last night, and it works.

...just curious if you got this to work dood.

I've had my website going for 3 days now. w00t!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom