i reset the router, now no wireless connection!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonelyloner

Beta member
I underlined all pertinent information, sorry for the whole story kind of stressed!!

Hello, let me start off by saying i have gone through **** today. Between talking to people i could barely (if at all) understand for hours on end, to using my phone's dial-up speed browser to do research on fixing my problem, I'm on my wits end.
Now, I have a Netgear Rangemax Next Wireless-N Router model WNR834B v2, i have had it since 2008 and since then only a few problems have popped up, usually pretty easy to fix. When i first got my router with the desktop from dell it took 2 days to configure and i believe im having the same problems now. I was on the phone with bellsouth, my internet provider, because my internet was slow and long story made short i did something to my router while on the phone with them that made it impossible to connect wirelessly to the internet. i have since then reset my router, my modem, and both computers in the house but still nothing, all it says is 'limited connectivity'. In my laptop i have an Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN, but currently am connected to the router via ethernet.
please help!

Hi loner,
First thing to try, connect one computer directly to your modem by Ethernet, turn off the wireless or disconnect from it. Can you get online like that? if yes, we know the issue is with the router, post back and we'll go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom