I need a remote access app recommendation... help

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightingBird

In Runtime
I'm trying a small business venture and I need to be able to access some pc's remotely. This will be tier3 level stuff so it would be a pure nightmare to try and walk these end users through steps for full support. So I'm looking for something that is simple and easy to use. Maybe something I can send to them by email and they can download, go to a certain website so I can get access, or anything that is not a hassle.

I'm considering the following:

Logmein - I like this setup and don't mind paying but they can be very expensive. I'd prefer free or low cost but they seem to be the most expensive so far.

RDM+ - I have some of their software on my blackberrys for personal use to access my own computers remotely. They work great. Although I'm not familiar with their PC remote support.

VLC - I use this at my job but not sure if I can use it on my own. I'd love to be able to just perhaps purchase a program and use it on my own with no monthly charge but that might not be realistic.

Netmeeting or Livemeeting - We use this as a last resort at my job to access remote employees company machines. Not sure if their is a way to use these programs for the same purpose.

Any ideas or recommendations?

I also use TeamViewer for my small computer business I run and its great! You can either install the Quick Support App which lets you connect with their permission in bring up the Small App or you can have them downloaded the Unattended Server which when ever they are connected to a network connection, the computer will be readily available to you.. Very easy to use and I recommend it!

Brandon

I like and use CrossLoop all the time. You have to have an access code from the client computer each time you want to access it, so that may be something to hold you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom