i need a reliable, fast, mobile internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabin5150

Beta member
Hi there,

Total newbie to Tech Forum here.

I am an experience sound engineer, i am working on a project for which i need an incredibly reliable connection to the internet which i can move from venue to venue. I need a two way video and audio link. Both audio and video of the highest quality coming in, and on the way out video doesnt have to be outstanding but audio will have to be excellent.

I dont want to be restricted to venues with a suitable connection so what do i need to be connection self sufficient wherever i take my idea?

many thanks, Elliot

Your location would be a good start ;) this is a worldwide forum, also service quality within a given country for a provider will vary regionally.

I need a two way video and audio link. Both audio and video of the highest quality coming in, and on the way out video doesnt have to be outstanding but audio will have to be excellent.

Do you know what sort of bitrate and compression codecs will be in use? This will allow people to give a quantified answer.

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here.

mobile broadband is gonna be a problem with what you want, depending on the venues you go to, signal strength, composition of buildings you wont be able to ensure reliability and quality of service which for video and audio links you really need.

I used to sell MB to home users and the service was terrible, twinned with the fact that you had data useage limits and it got VERY expensive when you went over, looking for a business based MB solution may be neccesary for the amount of time you may need to use it

I believe you would need a commercial grade satellite setup like the TV networks use. I doubt any consumer grade setup will work based on the requirements you have outlined.

Thanks for your response.

I am in the North west of England but we will be traveling the country with the project and potentially the world.

Bare with me as the computer stuff is not an area of my expertise :/ So here goes:

Bit rate would have to be very good indeed as its for a paid public performance. 320 kb/s? Codecs??? Im afraid thats got me stumped already.

hope this is a little more to work with.
Cheers

Your location would be a good start ;) this is a worldwide forum, also service quality within a given country for a provider will vary regionally.

Do you know what sort of bitrate and compression codecs will be in use? This will allow people to give a quantified answer.

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here.

I believe you would need a commercial grade satellite setup like the TV networks use. I doubt any consumer grade setup will work based on the requirements you have outlined.

This was the answer i was expecting.

Do you know of any names i can check out for this sort of thing?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom