I need to OPEN a port..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReignOfBlood

Beta member
I need port 1214 open... and I don't care how. I'll DMZ this entire machine if need be.

I am using an SMC router, and the XP firewall is disabled. Most of my ports(incl this one) show up as stealthed.

On the SMC barracade? Log into the router via the internal address. Enter in the password. Goto Advanced Setup > To the left there will be a tree of options. Click on NAT > Then click Virtual Server > Then enter in the address and port information. Private and Public ports numbers SHOULD BE THE SAME! Also, if you do not know the IP address of the computer that you want this port forwarded to, then just click start > run > type in 'cmd' and then type in 'ipconfig'. This is the IP address that you'll use. Just the one entry will do. Save the configuration be clicking the apply button, which is the middle of the 3 buttons at the bottom of the page.

-Mike

Well, what exactly is "not working". All you really asked was how to open a port on your specific gateway/router.

-Mike

How do you figure out your password? Mine didn't give me a password or say anything about a darn password lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom