I need help with regulating bandwidth

Hi I am currently living in China for the year. My Chinese(especially my reading level) is low. I am rooming with 2 other Chinese roommates and we all share the same wifi internet connection(4800kb) and are using a TP-Link Chinese brand router(the interface of 192.168.1.1 is all in Chinese).

The problem: One of the roommates likes watching soap operas on her computer using some p2p video program(I have no idea what it is) and it sucks the bandwidth out of the entire network to where the other two of us can't use the internet at all. We've told her numerous times to download the movies at night but she still ends up watching them during the day when we want to use the internet.

Immediately I looked to the router settings in search of bandwidth limiting controls. With the aid of Google Translate I finally found the page to do it on(see attached image labeled "the page"). I then read the example page(also an image) and modeled my configuration off of it. I saved the configuration and waited for her to come home. To my dismay the internet was slightly better but still pretty much unusable.

My question to you is how do I limit her bandwidth successfully?

TP links are default configured as an WAP/AP/ Access point. You can add her mac address to the tp-link if it's in access point mode and limit her bandwidth. I'm not entirely sure about the settings, however it is possible.

In order to get her mac, goto her computer and open up command prompt and type in "getmac" and you should see her wireless physical i.d.

Back
Top Bottom