I need help with my internet please

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrylskx

Beta member
I dont really know much about tech stuff so bear with me :(

Recently i changed my router and modem to a 2in1(router+modem).
Immediately after connecting to my new network i noticed web pages would be stuck at "sending request" for up to 40 sec. My internet is pretty fast, but it was like something was blocking my internet.
This happened with all the browsers i've tried.(Firefox, chrome, internet explorer, opera)

Once it got through the "sending request" part it loaded the page pretty quickly. And the "sending request" downtimes are pretty random so sometimes pages load quickly if i'm lucky.

And i've noticed when i play online games the same thing happens, like when i'm connecting to server the bar stops for up to 40 sec then it continues loading.

I want to know how i can fix this cause my browsing speed is really slow.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

ANY help at all

check this.

To set the default network adapter in Windows 7
1.Click the Start button , type "view network connections," and then click View network connections.
2.If multiple network adapters are installed, the default adapter will have a check mark and be labeled "Default."

3.If the correct network adapter is listed as disabled, right-click it, and then click Enable.

4.If the wrong network adapter is listed as the default, right-click the correct device, and then click Set as Default Connection.

5.Close the network connection dialog box, and then test for a network connection.

then go back to the network connection, double click it. click the details button.

does you ip address start with 169? if yes, then power off everything. power on devices starting with ones closest to the wall. let each one turn on completely before starting the next.

how far can you ping? can you ping your default gateway? how about 98.139.180.149 (yahoo.com)? can you ping google.com?

I am having the same problem as you say and its really terrible..

Office politics, I have multiple adaptors but none of them say default or have a check mark by them. If i right click it won't let me choose one as default either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom