I have a wireless router, do I need a broadband modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeRuler99

purveyor of fine cheeses
I have a WBR - 3406 TX 11g Wireless AP Router from Level One. Currently, we have one PC connected to this, and my laptop connects via the wireless thing.

If I decide to subscribe to a high speed internet service, can the internet/DSL/whatever cable plug straight into this router I have, or do I need to get a modem so that it goes into the modem and then the modem connects to the router?

Yea that's a good thing. In some cases it's cheaper in the long run to buy your own modem, just depends what your ISP offers

Yeah if you're planning on keeping your internet for atleast a year I'd buy my own modem if I were you. I currently rent a modem from my ISP, but I've had the internet service for so long I could have saved money by now if I had bought my own.

I live in New Zealand and our broadband situation is appalling! Nowhere near the number of households have as they do in the US, and in some cases it is below international standards. The ISPs here really want customers, so the modems you get are rather basic but 100% free. A bit sad really, oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom