i have internet but cant get on exploerer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbenoit

Solid State Member
so i have an asus eee... and i just moved in with my uncle...he has an at&t modem and my explorer wont conect...i tried to diagnose the problem.. it says that the remote device or resource wont accept the connection...
can any help more or guide me in the right direction
thanks

Is the AT&T modem also a router? (assuming so, but humour me)

If so,
Windows Vista/7 - Open a command prompt - click start, type "cmd" without the quotes.
Windows XP - Open a command prompt - click start, click run, type "cmd" without the quotes.
At the prompt type "ipconfig /all" without the quotes.
Do you have an IP address or is it 169.x.x.x

If you have an IP, probably in the range of 192.168.x.x then at the same command prompt type "ping www.yahoo.com" without the quotes.
Does it return a "Request timed out" or "Reply from 67.195.x.x: bytes: xx time=xx TTL=xx"

What didn't work?
I asked 3 questions - Is the modem also a router (which I'm assuming it is), Do you have an IP address that isn't 169.x.x.x, can you ping Yahoo.com

I want to see if this a network problem or a browser problem.

If you have an IP equivalent to 192.168.x.x (where x is a number) and you can ping an external IP address then I will assume it's a browser problem. If you can't ping an external source then it is a network problem and not related to the browser.

what u told me to do didnt work...what else do i do...yes i do have windows seven and it is the 192 ip address

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom