I have to deploy citrix on my company but have no idea how it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

linux1880

In Runtime
soryy to ask you so many questions:

I am planning to deply citrix cause the boss said i have to, Is it different from general remote access like logme in ? The thing is Server will have one application , say for example MS Word, will all the citrix client will be able to use the MS word at the same time having different mouse action ?

please enlight me thanks,

also how cheap is it and how many client license do I get by default ?

In a one word answer, yes. All of your clients will be able to use the application at the same time or at different times. Installing the server or client/web client entities really isn't what confuses a lot of people when beginning to administer Citrix... it's the licensing. Keep in mind the number of potential concurrent connections you will have and let that number dictate the number of Windows Server (if you choose to go that route) and Terminal Server licenses to buy. Just remember though, before you get started that you want to include 4 major key points in your thought process:

1) Windows Server licenses (Client Access Licenses)
2) Terminal Server licenses (Client Access Licenses)
3) Processing power to run a block of the same application over and over and over. So, if you have 30 clients or so, you may want to add an additional server to your Citrix "farm"
4) Number of application licenses. For instance, if you just want MS word 2007, you HAVE to buy the number of CLIENT licenses... not just the one license.

Once you have that bit of information, the rest is technical specifications, firewalls for incoming and outgoing, et cetera, et cetera. If you choose to install ICA clients on each workstation coupled with a web interface then make sure that you install the same version of the ICA client on each PC. Don't mix different versions just because they seem to work. You want to keep as much the same as possible to avoid needing a support team to answer redundant questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom