I Hate It

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
sometimes when i go online with my wireless network card this happens.

I go to a website and it says it cannot find it so when i press refresh it finds the website. Its any website like Newegg.com, tigerdirect.com, ect.

My wireless network adaptor says its getting 11mbps and it should be getting 54mbps. My other computers are reading 54mbps and its the same network and wireless cards so I need help.

is the pc which is getting 11mbps quite far away from the router and have you tried reinstalling the drivers for your adaptor?

It could be that it isn't getting a good signal from the router. Wireless cards generally step down when they don't get a good connection, sometimes running at 11 Meg.

It could also be that within the adaptor's config, it is set to operate at 11 meg... Maybe someone in the family is playing games with you.. lol. I would start by checking the config, and try perhaps re-installing the drivers if distance & signal strength aren't an issue.

the signal strength is 92% and yes it is near the router. All my computers are next to each other and the router is about 5ft. away. the other 2 read 100% for the signal strength. I reinstalled the drivers but that didn't help. I checked the program and that didn't help either.

I fixed it, it was just the usb port died. Now another ? for you. How do I make the wireless network adaptor program boot up first before my printer and other stuff?

How do I make the wireless network adaptor program boot up first before my printer and other stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom