i got a problem ( internet )

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitmanpete

Solid State Member
Ok i have asked alot of people about this problem and no one knows i don't know why but near 8pm to about 3am my internet keeps disconnecting like about ever y 10mins or 14mins i really don't know why this keeps happening becasue it never used to even with the same router. It has been doing it for about 4 months now and its annoying me because i cant play any games or anything after about 8pm. I have phoned my internet provider lots of times and they say that there is no problem on there end or the line. so my only guess is overload or my router. But it does not disconnect in the day when i use it most or my 360 / and two pc's but after 8 only one pc on the internet and it will disconnect every 10mins. I dont know much about internet stuff so thats why i came here :p anyway im on PPPoE and get a BELKIN. every time is ddisconnects i go into the router settings and click connect and it fixes it but i should have to do that.

if anyone knows how to fix this or what the problem is i would be very thankful and if you need any exter info just say :p

Since you are using PPPoE, I would guess that you are using DSL.... That being the case, have you noticed any strange issues with the phone line during that time? Static, calls dropping, anything of that sort.... Same goes for TV's if you are on cable... any picture problems during that time?

Try connecting a PC directly to the modem during the time you have the trouble, and see if the trouble remains. If the trouble goes away, then reconnect the router, and look to see if there is anything strange in the config. You could also try reseting the router to factory defaults, and re-configure it.

yes i think im on DSL but it is a router and a modem in one so i cant realy do that and no no problems with TV or anything else at that time its just the internet. The light on the router that shows its connected goes off but i am still connected to the router just not the internet.

ok, if you are on DSL, then the TV's won't be effected, that would be if you were on Cable internet. You haven't noticed trouble at all on the phone line during this time? Have you had the ISP send you a new modem/router?

ok sorry but im a n00b lol i don't know if i have had my ISP sent to my new computer how do i find out

oh BTW i read the other thread and i have a wireless phone next to my router could it be that ? but i don't know how to check is frequency

Well, you never mentioned previously that it was a wireless connection. When the trouble occurs, is it the INTERNET is getting disconnected from the modem/router, or the computer loses connection with the router?

For the frequencies, 802.11b & 802.11g use 2.4 Ghz, 802.11a uses 5.0 Ghz.
Your cordless phone should have some sort of sticker on it with the frequency, or maybe something under the battery cover about it.

when it disconnects the light that shows it is connected to the internet goes off everything on the network gets disconnected my 360 main pc and my laptop the computer stays connected to the router. i got into my router settings and click connect. I am on 802.11g on my laptop and i can not find the frequency on my phone but i can try leaving it unplugged one evening.

no one else know what i can do and is it worth just buying a new router and what are the chances that buying a new router will fix this ??

i have new info, the net was fine till we had a upgrade from 1mb to 2mb so i don't know if that will have anything to do with it

Connect your computer directly to the modem for a while in the critical period and see if you still lose connection to the internet. If so the problem is in your internet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom