I was getting 276Mb/s on my broad band now i dont get it anynore

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's impossible. False reading. Something like that. The modem should not be capable of those speeds. Maybe your router messed up and somehow the speed test reported your (W)LAN speed.

I definately was getting that, but from the engineer has been i can't access my old results 162Mbps was my average and my world rank was 98%.

I definately was getting that, but from the engineer has been i can't access my old results 162Mbps was my average and my world rank was 98%.

Trust me you where not getting that speed, to get a 100mb connection on a domestic line is just not going to happen in the UK we haven't got the hardware on the D side equipment in the exchange for it let alone what your claiming. A cheep leased line connection in the UK for a 100mb service is at least £800 a month and that is under a set of circumstances limmited to the back end provider having a point of presance at the local exchange and being within 1000 meters of said exchange after that the price sky rockets.

You are taking about a coaxial connection, which in theory can support upto around 150mb speed but to get that you have to be prity much the only person on the loop and have a Docsis 3 service and the CPE to support it, virgin are still in the process of moving from Docsis 2 and there is one small area of london that can get the 100mb service and even then it's unstable.

We could but the problem is BT, they do most of the dig work and control the exchange so the costs get stupidly expensive for smaller providers.

Trust me you where not getting that speed, to get a 100mb connection on a domestic line is just not going to happen in the UK we haven't got the hardware on the D side equipment in the exchange for it let alone what your claiming. A cheep leased line connection in the UK for a 100mb service is at least £800 a month and that is under a set of circumstances limmited to the back end provider having a point of presance at the local exchange and being within 1000 meters of said exchange after that the price sky rockets.

You are taking about a coaxial connection, which in theory can support upto around 150mb speed but to get that you have to be prity much the only person on the loop and have a Docsis 3 service and the CPE to support it, virgin are still in the process of moving from Docsis 2 and there is one small area of london that can get the 100mb service and even then it's unstable.
I don't have coaxial its fibre optic and even the engineer couldn't believe it. So trust me mate i was the engineer had only ever seen it happen once before in a house in another town miles away from me.

I don't have coaxial its fibre optic and even the engineer couldn't believe it. So trust me mate i was the engineer had only ever seen it happen once before in a house in another town miles away from me.

Unless I have missed something virgin are still paying for that, Fiber Optic broadband is not directly to the house it's to the cab or in really dense areas the MCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom