i feel your pain beedubaya

Status
Not open for further replies.

quietb05

Baseband Member
I've been stuck on dialup ever since I first used the internet about 7 years ago when I was 13. Broadband was never available. Ive been from AOL to Earthlink to Netscape to Netzero etc. I moved into my own place a little under a year ago and it seems that DSL is available here but I'm not sure if I can handle another bill being in college and being in my own place. But next month I will be getting 1.5mbps DSL with yahoo since that's all thats available here and its the cheapest. Im anxious because I never had it in my own home and I recently built my fiance` a computer which I will network with mine. Hopefully I can keep up the payments on it when it comes.

never pay for dialup. it is just NOT worth it. there are free access numbers all across the country, which you can use the standard ms protocol to dial right in.

I was on 1mbps broadband for 2 months, and it was so great. That is what has really made this trek back to sub-19.2kbps dial-up so painful.

well at least you dont have to deal with this 3MBs cable... heh, sorry.... I feel for you. I moved out to another place that only had dial up. Thankfully we soon got dig cable. No DSL yet, though. Hopefully they'll run some out to you one day soon.

I would rather have cable than DSL. DSL has lower latencies. but no where near the download speed unless you live right by your telco. Plus, DSL is a pipe dream where I live. Cable is within reach, only because of a fiber-optic line that connects the Cox networks of Fort Smith and Fayetteville. The problem is getting Cox to actually install it. It is very doable, being as there is coax 350 ft. from my house and fiber about 1000 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom