I DON'T HAVE INTERNET ACCESS ANYMORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlosdzv

Baseband Member
My friend recently lost his internet connection in his house because it is not available in his area anymore..
So i was trying to find a way for him to connect to the internet and i found this internet cards on the web ( not sure what they are called) that supposedly let you connect to the internet wireless from anywhere?? anyone can tell me how they work?? and recommend one that is good? please. THANKS .

You can get them from sprint, verizon, etc etc. Most major wireless companies have little USB card you can plug in and access their internet. It's usually around $30 to $50 a month, and it's really nice for road trips.

This is a really good way to access the internet on the road, or camping or whatever. However, the speeds are severely limited. You'll get anywhere from 2KB/s down to 100KB/s down. It varies greatly even from walking 2 feet in one direction. Meaning you'll get an OK speed, walk a few steps, and get disconnected. It's not very reliable.

You could check it out if he has no other options, but if he has Cable TV then he has internet options.

Connect cards are available through most large cell phone companies. The connection works the same way as your cell phone. If you have a cell phone signal you have internet connection.

Few downsides include:
-cost, as someone stated they usually run close to 50 dollars a month
-speed, you aren't going to have fast speeds at all, in fact verizon says their download is between 600kb and 1.4mb per second. Don't expect anything near the 1.4. Example: Verizon Wireless - Mobile Broadband - Coverage & Speed
-allowance, you actually have a cap of how much can be downloaded a month - the amount depends on the plan. Example: Verizon Wireless - Mobile Broadband - Plans

The best thing about them though is you have internet almost anywhere in the country.

Oh i agree - and honestly you're going to pay close to that in some cities for internet. They have deals that are as low as like 32 dollars. Issue is that only includes about 250mb total a month. Again if you are just emailing and using the internet this isn't an issue. But if you download music, movies or play games you are going to go over which will cost you an arm and a leg.

VSAT solution can be cheaper than Mobile operators...
like 50$/m unlimited,
maybe the equipment can cost you some backs....but is onetime payment
Mobile operators always have a limits, what the whack you can do with 250mb/month..
watch 4 youtube clips....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom