I cant file share can someone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmw2692004

Solid State Member
i cannot file share between any of my wireless devices or ym wires devices i just purchesed a linksys WRT54G router and for my only wireless destop a USB54G adapter i intallwed all the software correctly and they are all on the sam worgroup but when i try to get into that workgruop i will not let me it gives me and error message that says that i do not have administrative premmsions to go there. All the laptops have built in wireless. And the base computer is a dell D800 laptop that i used for the setup it is still plugged in tot he router. Can someone help me on the filesharing proble please i would geratly appreciate it.

Can you ping each other?
What version of windows are you running?
You should give us more details if you would.

File sharing is very simple if you setup your network correctly. It's as easy as putting all computer into the same workgroup, enable NetBIOS, enable File and Print sharing, share the folder and the folder permission is set for Everyone to read (this means you might have to enable Guest account in administraive tools/computer management).

they are all running windows xp and no the pinging will not work but i have nottried to ping with the firewalls turned off.

Can you access the internet on all computer?
Can you ping www.yahoo.com ?
Are they windows xp professional or/and windows xp home?
Give us the result of ipconfig /all on all computer.

if u have xp pro then you can file share through your shared documents. But my friend has 4 pc's in his house and they all have AIM and he shares file that way. But i dont know if that can handle big files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom