I am Having some troubles with my router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pureblood

Baseband Member
I have a belkin router. It is connect to my modem and my destop and my laptop. I have everything set up correctly. It is an encrypted conection. I can connect with my laptop but my friend can't connect and i gave the key to. Any suggestions?

Do you have MAC address filtering enable? You will probably need to add his MAC address to the list of "Allows". Also, make sure his wireless card supports the level of encryption you're using (WEP 64/128-bit, WPAv1 TKIP, WPAv2 AES).

Check that his computer has the IP address from the router, you can find this out numerous ways, but opening up command prompt and typing ipconfig /all is the easiest. It can also help determine his MAC address (Physical address).

we are both running windows xp but his isn't sp2 and mines is. On sp2 it seems that is was easier to understand.

I think it was SP2 that came with the wireless management in Control Panel..I think. What is he using to enter the SSID and key? Is it a software that came with his wireless adapter?

I am working on backing up my hard drive to install sp2, I already tried once, and ended up haviing to re-install the operating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom