huge switch problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason_daniels

Baseband Member
i have a ghosting project i am working on. im trying to ghost over the network but the upload port wont work any suggestions? the switch is a 4 port netgear
Well sadly upgrading isnt quite an option atm. The main problem we're having now is on the computer that we'd like to back up the image. Ghost loads up fine but once Multicast is selected it is unable to find the DHCP then the whole program shuts down, cant even get to the bit where ya select a session name.
The Ghost Cast server is running off of Win 2003 Server, which is having a problem of its own. Once plugged into the uplink slot on the switch (or hub, tried both) and uplink is selected, there are no blinking lights, no bells and whistles and the comp says the connection is down.
I know this is a whole mess load of problems but any input would be useful.

Well, its probably not going to work if you plug the comptuer into the "uplink" port on the hub. The uplink port is used to expand the functionality of your hub (ie: adding a second hub to the same network). I would make sure all computers are plugged into the hub (not the uplink port), and try again.

Also, here is a tutorial I found that appears to be pretty comprehensive when doing a multicast with Ghost.

http://nsweb.lane.edu/netservices/pchelp/ghost/

I hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom