http download doesn't complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
just shut down zone alarm and tried downloading a new file (picking software from download.com that i've not attempted to download before).

no different - stopped at 1.47mb of 9mb file....

going to bed now - nearly 1am here. will try reinstalling tomorrow and also opera and firefox.

thanks for your help so far!

will post results tomorrow!

Ok... You may need to perform a repair on this machine to get rid of any potential changes that may have been made.

If you have created a new account on your machine and it still does the same thing, its either the OS itself or it could just be your router/switch.

Edit : Have you tried using FireFox yet ?

OK,

Have now tried 3 different computers, 1 of which was a completely fresh installation of windows xp sp2.

The problem still exists, so now i'm thinking

a) My ISP has a problem.
b) I've contracted a virus which has somehow spread to all 3 computers on my home network.

I've called my ISP and they have opened a ticket for this. They'll call me back tomorrow. I called my telco and there is no fault on my line.

I've changed my mind about this being a virus - the three computers have not been on the network at the same time (because I was worried it it spreading). The newly installed box acts in the exact same way.

I haven't tried Firefox yet (i can't download it!) but i am VERY confident that I would have the same problem. It seems that all HTTP downloads suffer in the same way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom